The organization aims to build a highly flexible structure with minimum levels of management. The human capacity and equipment capacity are assigned to the scientific relevant “Pool”. The research projects are assigned to one of the four research areas (“Area”) which are arranged as matrix organisation.
Pool leaders and Area leaders are appointed for a term of 2 years, after which there is a re-tendering of the respective position, in which all employees can apply on the basis of personal qualifications and engagement. This means that all employees have the opportunity to change between management responsibilities and professional activities regularly.
Pool leaders and area leaders report to the Board. Project leaders will be appointed for the duration of the project and report to the Area leaders. Project leaders manage the professional project process, pay attention to the compliance with the budget and support the formal and informal communication between the project staff, the science and the business partners securely.
The internal processes are defined in a comprehensive organization manual. In regular staff workshops all employees will be informed about current changes in the competence centre. In internal project management meetings the project leaders will be instructed regarding the required processes. Regular presentations are subject to the internal knowledge dissemination. Regular meeting attendance and presentations allow the staff to evaluate the knowledge both nationally and internationally.
Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Andreas Pauschitz
General Management & Shareholder
Academic education, employment, and participation in professional associations
AC2T research GmbH – Austrian Excellence Centre for Tribology,
- 2003-2006: Key scientist, authorized officer
- since 2006: General Manager
Austrian Tribology Society (ÖTG),
- 1995 – 2014: Secretary General
- since 2014: Member of the ÖTG-Board
- since 2019: Chairman of the ÖTG
Technische Universität Wien, Faculty of Electrical Engineering; University Assistant at the Institute for Micro Technique and Precision Engineering;
- 1996: Graduation to Dr.techn. in Tribology
- 1999 – 2003: Head of Tribology and Design Department
Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik GmbH, Project Manager in the field of small series passenger car manufacturing
Technische Universität Graz, student of Mechanical and Economical Engineering
- 1988: Graduation for Mechanical and Economical Engineering; field of study: piston engines
- tribosystem design, tribo-metrology, and tribo-diagnostics
- elevated temperature wear, wear of nano-crystalline coatings
- boundary layer formation, stick-slip effects
- wet clutches, journal bearings, ball bearings, artificial hip joints
- Tribosystem design of journal bearings (1992 – 1996)
- Tribological mechanisms in hip joints (1995 – 1999)
- Investigation of stick/slip and wear in friction disc systems (1998 – 2006)
- Organization of the World Tribology Congress 2001
- Organization/Management of the project “Kplus Center of Competence for Tribology” (2002-2009),
budget: 20 M€
- Organization/Management of the project “COMET Center of Excellence XTribology” (2010 – 2019),
budget: 100 M€
- Organization/Management of the project “COMET Center of Excellence InTribology” (2020 – 2027),
expected budget: 86 M€
- TRIBOLINO Special Award, awarded by the Austrian Tribology Society (ÖTG), for the management of the “XTribology application” (2009)
- “Meilenstein 2010 – Dr.-Erwin-Pröll-Zukunftspreis” (together with F. Franek, N. Dörr, E. Badisch, G. Vorlaufer) award by the Federal State Niederösterreich for the “project XTribology” (2010)
- Award of the professional title of Professor by the Austrian Federal President (2019)
A Scientific Management team has been installed with effect from Sept, 1st 2016. The Scientific Management consist of Ms. Priv-Doz. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Nicole DÖRR and Mr. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.mont. Ewald BADISCH both in the function “Scientific Head”.
Priv.-Doz. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Nicole Dörr
Priv.-Doz. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Nicole Dörr has been in the AC²T team since the founding of the Centre of Excellence in various roles. She spent several years as head of one of the research areas. Nicole DÖRR is an experienced chemist and at the same time a skilled polymer engineer.
Dipl.-Ing. Dr.mont. Ewald Badisch
Dipl.-Ing. Dr.mont. Ewald Badisch is material scientist and joined our team already in 2004. He spent several years as head of one of the research areas and fewyears as Deputy Scientific Head within the Centre of Excellence.
The figure shows the structure of personnel in heads, the distribution between the specific working groups (Pools) as well as the direction of education.
The personnel development during the past will continuously grow. The number of employees reached approximately 140. The share of female employees is about 25 %.
The integration of Master students and PhD students in research projects intensify the close cooperation with universities and universities of applied sciences.
Cooperation & Membership
Since 2010 AC²T is part owner of the science and development service contractor AAC – Aerospace & Advanced Composites GmbH with 49,9%.
AC²T is member of the following organisations / associations (abstract):
- ÖTG – Austrian Tribology Society
- STLE – Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers
- Automobilcluster – Business Upper Austria
- Kunststoffcluster – Business Upper Austria
- ASMET – The Austrian Society for Metallurgy and Materials
- ETSA – European Thermal Spray Association
- ASTM – American Society for Testing and Materials
Facts & Figures
The Austrian Tribology Society
Vienna Univeristy of Technology
- 20 years active in Tribology
- More than 100 academically active staff members
- Personal Shareholders (54%)
(Dr. Badisch, Prof. Franek, Hr. Kricej, Prof. Pauschitz, Prof. Störi)
- The Austrian Tribology Society (25%)
- Vienna Univeristy of Technology (14%)
- Non-scientific partners (7%)
More information about the company
More information about the boards
More information about our partners