As in the previous year – thanks to the commitment of our ÖTG member Dirk BOERSTE (Anglo Euro Scientific, Nottingham, UK) – the “new generation” of tribologists was again given special attention this year: on the occasion of the ÖTG Symposium 2015 on 25 Nov 2015 at the Technology and Research Centre Wiener Neustadt, contributions by students, in particular doctoral students, or by persons who had recently completed their studies were subjected to an evaluation. The jury, made up of members of the board of the Austrian Tribological Society, assessed the speakers in particular with regard to
- the scientific preparation or treatment of the subject matter
- the clearly understandable, comprehensible presentation (didactics) of the research methods and results
- the professionalism of the presentation.
Together with the initiator, the decision was made to use the presentation by Phoenix Tribology Ltd. (Kingsclere, UK) to the first three in the jury’s evaluation. Thus, three young tribologists had to be awarded. Based on the jury’s evaluation, the 1st prize was awarded ex aequo to two persons.
The awarded “Young Tribologists” are:
- 1st prize: Dipl.-Ing. Florian AUSSERER (V-Research GmbH, Dornbirn, Vbg)
- 2nd prize: Dipl.-Ing. Andreas BLUTMAGER (Wittmann-Battenfeld GmbH, Kottingbrunn, Lower Austria)
- 3rd prize Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Michael SCHANDL (AC2T research GmbH, Wiener Neustadt, Lower Austria)