Scientific research associate
Nanoscopic wear measurement and in situ monitoring
As Austrian Competence Center for Tribology (www.ac2t.at) we have been developing knowledge in the fields of friction, wear and lubrication for 15 years. The work in our research area involves a variety of tasks and requires interdisciplinary approaches.
In the field of nanoscopic wear measurement and in situ monitoring, we want to strengthen our team. We continuously measure the wear behaviour of metallic components in the range of nm/h using a self-optimized measuring method based on the use of radioactive tracer isotopes.
You are responsible for the application of the measurement method in R&D projects, the interpretation of the measurement data with regard to the wear volume, as well as for future developments and optimization of the measurement method.
- Academic degree in natural sciences with basic knowledge in nuclear physics
- In-depth knowledge about detection of ionizing radiation, sensor technology, measurement technology, electronics, statistics and programming knowledge in Matlab is of advantage
- Self-initiative and self-employment
- Creativity in the search for solutions to complex tasks
- Excellent English and good German language skills
- Teamwork ability, individual initiative, discussion skills, customer-oriented work
Employment: full time (40 hours/week); part time employment possible
Commencement date of employment: at the earliest possible date
Employment location: Wiener Neustadt or Linz
Gross minimum wage based on full-time employment: €/month 2,600.- gross
A potential overpayment depends on relevant professional experience and/or qualification.
If we have aroused your interest for a long-term participation in our team and you meet the qualification requirements, then you have come to the right place.
Please send your detailed and meaningful application including CV and photo (via e-mail) to:
Mrs. Michaela Czerny: