Simulation & Surface Analysis
Scientific research associate (fulltime)
As Austrian Competence Center for Tribology (www.ac2t.at) we have been developing knowledge in the fields of friction, wear and lubrication for 15 years. The work in our research area involves a variety of tasks and requires interdisciplinary approaches.
In the framework of personnel expansion, we are looking for a scientific research associate with substantial interest in the field of simulation and surface analysis.
Proactive scientific activity can be complemented with the realization of a dissertation.
State of the art friction models take into account either hydrodynamic lubrication or solid-state friction. For mixed friction, in particular during forming processes (rolling, deep etching, etc.), currently no satisfactory models, which sufficiently consider the structure and properties of the surfaces, exist. Based on analytical measurements of the surfaces and the tribofilms, a numerical model for the forming process and the frictional conditions involved is set up and tested.
For content-related details will gladly be available
- Prof. Carsten Gachot, Technische Universität Wien, ICT
- Dr. Martin Jech, AC²T research site Linz
- Academic degree in physics, chemistry, materials science, computer science or related disciplines
- Specific expertise in tribology or surface analysis and numerical contact models (e.g. FEM/BEM). Interest in complex issues is desired.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English
- Linking of fundamental science with industrial applications
- Possibility to use research findings for a dissertation
Employment: full time (40 hours/week); Employment location: Research site Linz
Minimum salary € 2,500 gross per month based on full-time employment. A potential overpayment depends on relevant professional experience and/or qualification.
If your communication skills and willingness to cooperate, reliability, analytical thinking as well as a self-initiative, independent work style are among your strengths and you are looking for a responsible and diverse field of activity in a dynamic environment, then you have come to the right place!
Please send your detailed application documents in electronic form to:
Mrs. Michaela Czerny: