Research Area 1 - Friction Optimized Devices
The research activities are focussed on the frictional performance of various devices and processes with special regard to surface characteristics and material properties.
The properties of interacting surfaces and materials play a crucial role not only in devices with desired low friction, like engines and bearings, but also in high friction applications, like brakes and clutches, as well in various machining and manufacturing processes.
The employed methods comprise numerical multi scale simulations, materials and surface characterization at the nanometre scale, novel diagnostic techniques and advanced tribotesting methods.
- Materials, surfaces and machining processes for friction optimization
- Efficient and functional bearings, clutches and brakes
- Tribology in electrical contacts
- Friction optimization of sealings and polymers
- Friction and wear of drivetrain components
- Simulation of superlubricity for sliding contacts
Dipl.-Ing. Dr.mont. Andreas Nevosad
Organisation: AC2T research GmbH