Materials Analysis - MAN
Our activities focus on the determination of material-specific physical / chemical / mechanical properties and damage analysis of tribologically loaded solid system elements, preferably those close to the surface.
- Determination of material parameters (e.g., structure, hardness, elastic modulus, chemical element and phase distribution, thermal, magnetic and electric properties)
- Mathematical and statistical methods for the quantitative characterisation of phase ratios and 3D texturing parameters
- Materialography and damage analysis
- Pre- and post-test physical analysis of the history of solid samples
- Competence in the qualitative and quantitative description of solid materials by applying different methods on the macro-, micro- and nano-scale
- Use of image analysis techniques for analysing microstructures (surface or bulk) or the determination of the geometrical parameters of particle systems
- Competent in the use of the necessary microscopic methods
- Competence in the qualitative and quantitative characterisation of composite materials, in particular hard phase and hard particle composites
- Competence in the kinetics of material reactions at elevated temperatures
- Application of mathematical and statistical methods for the quantitative description of multiphase- or multicomponent-materials with special tribological properties
- Competence in the characterisation of tribologically stressed materials in the near-surface region
Ing. Markus Premauer
Leader of Pool "Material Analysis"